Click on the Purchase button
and complete your registration to immediately download your homestudy Florida Premarital Preparation Course
Same gender couples course:
Avoid the 3-day waiting period for your ceremony!
Get married the same day you obtain your marriage license.
(You can use any credit card and the payment will be processed through PayPal for security. You do NOT need to join Paypal.
The course is $30 and you only need to purchase ONE. You both can use the same course, but will take separate quizzes at the end.)
To Avoid Delay or Denial of Your Certificate:
1. Check your county in the list below.
2. Make sure you use a valid email when you purchase the course. Links to the course and quiz are sent automatically to the email you use to register. (Be careful of old Paypal account emails. If you use your parent's credit card, make sure that you put YOUR email when asked for an email address.)
3. Florida law REQUIRES that you spend a minimum of 4 hours on the course-- no matter who gives it and no matter in what form.
4. Take the quiz AFTER you do the course and most of the activities.
Is Your County On the List? What to do if it is not.
If it is, the certificate will be accepted there. If it is not, you can check with the clerk's office in your county. Another alternative is to get your license in one of the counties where the course IS accepted. Once you have a license, you can get married in ANY county in Florida, but will have to file your paperwork after the wedding in the county where you got your license.
Counties Where I Am a Licensed Florida Premarital Preparation Course Provider
Currently, I am approved for premarital preparation course providers in the following counties. Click here to download proofs for SOME of these counties. Not all counties send confirmation or have online directories, so there are a few you may have to call if you want to verify. If it is on the list, I am registered there.
Flagler County -- requires an original certificate) **
Indian River County
Monroe County -- requires an original certificate) **
Palm Beach County
St. John's County
St. Lucie County
**If you plan to get your marriage license in Flagler County or Monroe County, they require an ORIGINAL certificate by regular mail. They will not accept the emailed certificates. Your other option would be to get your marriage license in one of the other counties on the list and once you have your license, you can get married anywhere in the State of Florida the same day.
• When you purchase the premarital course, you will receive a link to download the course as a PDF file. The current fee for the premarital course is $30 (plus tax for Florida residents). The link expires after a certain number of days and a certain number of access attempts. It is set to the max, but you are better off to download the course and take as long as you want.
If your partner is in another state or country, simply forward them the letter with the link. You only have to pay for ONE course.
• Both have to do the course and quiz in order to have both names on the certificate.
If you want both names on the certificate, each of you has to do his/her quiz. If your partner is a non-resident, check with your Clerk of the Court, Marriage License Division in the county where you plan to get your marriage license. Some require the non-resident to have a certificate and some do not. Email me when you finish so I can review them as soon as possible.
• . Certificates:
You will receive your certificate by email within one business day.
(Remember that Monroe and Flagler require original mailed copies.)
On Fridays,you need to complete it and notify me by 7:30am to get the certificate that day because I frequently have meetings.
If you have any questions, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page. If your question is not answered there, e-mail me.
While some of you are doing this because of a requirement, the premarital course information and activities can help you learn tools to help you create a stronger marriage, if you use them. Use this as an investment in your future! We have some couples in Florida and out of state that take the course just to be prepare themselves although they do not need a certificate.
You will learn:
• How to increase your chances of creating a fulfilling, lasting marriage
• More about each other -- even if you have been together a long time.
• How to improve communication
• How to work through conflicts
• How to create your own blueprint as a guide for your marriage
• How to increase understanding of your partner's perspective on important issues
The course has both information and activities. Some of the activities are for you to do alone. Others are to do with your partner. (If you're partner lives in another state or country, you can complete the information part and then do the activities when you get together. You may do some of them after you get married, although I recommend you do as many as possible before. At the end of the course are a series of questions that are important to discuss. The activities are opportunities to learn more about yourself and your partner and to create emotional intimacy.
While I try to help you get the requirement completed as quickly as possible allow one full business day. NOTE: On Fridays, you must complete your course before 7:30am Friday mornings to be able to insure that you receive your certificate that day.
Click on the button to purchase and download your homestudy Florida Premarital Preparation Course
Same gender couples course:
(You can use any credit card and the payment will be processed through PayPal for security. (You do NOT need to join Paypal. Cost of the course is $30. You only need to purchase ONE and you both can use it.)
NOTE: On FRIDAYS, you must complete your course before 7:30am Friday mornings to be able to insure that you receive your certificate that day.
• FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
• What Other Couples Say About the Premarital Course
Thank you so very much for the informative online course that you made. I have been together with my partner for 9 years and we are still learning new ways to communicate and I appreciate all of it so very much.
I was unsure about taking this course as I did not think it was needed. I was incorrect. This course has opened up my mind to new topics of discussion with my partner and now we spend a lot of time talking deeply about different topics. Thank you!
The course was wonderful and even though we have been together a while, we both learned something new about each other during the time we took taking this course. Thank you for putting it together and I would highly recommend it to my friends who may consider marriage.
I was pleasantly surprised with this course. Learned a lot about my fianceé and myself along the way.
Read More Comments . . . .